Sunday, November 24, 2019

Research: Psychological Thrillers



I've realized that my genre idea of horror/thriller/suspense for my opening film sequence is too broad, and after researching three sequences from various films, I have noticed that I really enjoy psychological thrillers and that I could possibly be able to portray it in my film. I have also taken the time to research a bit on this particular genre as well.
________________________________________________________________________

Psychological Thrillers: a thriller narrative which emphasizes the unstable or delusional psychological states of its characters.

Movie Examples: 



Image result for split genre   Image result for hide and seek movie genre   Image result for se7en   Image result for panic room genre


What makes a Psychological Thriller?


-To make the thriller 'psychological" the threat/suspense has to come from the mind rather than being a physical element, and the protagonist has to use her/his mind to solve the trouble or mystery she is in.
-  A thriller's (specifically)  main aim is to keep the audience alert and stressed where the protagonist faces with series of problems that she/he needs to solve (ex: a mission, an escape or to solve a mystery).
-Psychological thrillers generally emphasize the unstable or delusional mental and emotional conditions of the characters, and focus on the devious depths of the human mind.
- Popular themes portrayed in these films: Death;Mind;Perception;Identity;Existence.








No comments:

Post a Comment